2010-05-13

Looking Forward

Today was just a weird, maybe 'off' day for me.  I woke up a few minutes before my alarm.  It felt that I was mid-aspiration and congested.  It was a very weird feeling, one I have not had in a long time.  It is not pleasant waking to the taste of acid in your throat and mouth, especially while congested.

I got up and started my day as most others, my meds and coffee.  But the congestion lasted much longer than normal. It did not really go away today, it just lessened.

I called up to the hospital today, and got to speak with dad.  He is doing well.  He is able to be up and walking today which is great news.  However, he is still on the epidural, and it will be interesting to see how he does and how everything goes once that is removed in the next day (or so).  It was good to here, from him, how he is doing.  I think he will be recovering a little longer than he has in mind (based on my personal experience), but I think he will do well with it.  He does have really good support with Claudette, and I am grateful that she is there and able to do all she does.

Considering today was a bit of a wash, I am looking forward to a good night of sleep and getting a few things done this weekend (actually starting tomorrow).  I think I will see the movie, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, tomorrow afternoon.  I am also wanting to get some photos edited and finalized this weekend.  I am also planning on getting out and do a 'photowalk' somewhere this weekend, either a neighbourhood, or park here in Charlotte.

After playing with the iPad in the store, just to see what it was like, I realized that I really do want to get one!  It has now been added to my personal list of things to buy.  It is lower on the list than several other things, such as my website hosting, a new wide angle lens, new coffee pot, another portable hard drive, etc.  Maybe next year will be more realistic for an iPad purchase, maybe the next-gen version.

Health-wise:  Today was just messed up.  Body wise, I felt pretty good, minimal aches and pains.  My left leg (knee/groin/hip) felt normal for the first time this year.  Congestion was present from this morning and has only lessened as the day passed.  Hopefully all will be better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment