2010-02-09

Simple Things

I find that now I am 'retired', I take my time a lot more than I did.  I'm not as fast to commit my time to any one thing, and as the saying goes, I'm taking the time to smell the roses.

Daily, I take stock of who I am and what I am doing.  It's often the little things that put the smile on my face that I so often feel has become more a part of me than it ever was before.

While living in the southern US, I do not have a regular supply, or easy access to Tim Horton's coffee.  However, this past trip home, I picked up several pounds of the grind and brought it back with me.  Now, waking up to the smell of a fresh pot of 'timmies' brewing, always starts my day with a smile.

Health-wise:  Good day today, just the side effects of the anemia.  However, picked up a new iron supplement, so hopefully this will help.

No comments:

Post a Comment